5 things to consider when buying a second hand Micro scooter POSTED ON 13/09/2019
Are you looking to buy or sell a second hand Micro scooter from a site such as Gumtree, eBay, Amazon or similar?
As the genuine home of Micro Scooters we have some advice for both buyers and sellers of Micro Scooters to ensure the process goes smoothly.
SELLING A MICRO SCOOTER?
We’ve always wanted our customers to be able to use their Micro Scooters for as long as possible. We’re proud that Micro products are known for their durability, and for holding their value longer than our competitors’ scooters.
One of the major differences between us and other brands of scooters is that each and every scooter is made with replaceable parts. That means if the scooter were ever to break it can be easily and cheaply repaired with a spare part.
We stock replacement parts for every single Micro scooter. We also have instructional guides on how to make the repair.
So before you sell your scooter can you repair it? You can see our replacement parts guide here >>
KEEP THE JOURNEY GOING
We believe owning a scooter can be revolutionary. It helps young children build their fine and gross motor skills. It allows older children their first taste of adventure and it (literally) changes travel for adult riders.
We also know that some people in the UK, for one reason or another, are unable to experience the freedom a scooter can bring. It’s one of the reason we run our Scooter Aid scheme.
RECYCLE. REHOME. RELOVE.
Rather than throw a scooter away we encourage users of Micro scooters to simply pass their scooter on. Whether thats to a local charity shop or good cause. Find out how you can donate your scooter or nominate a good cause to receive a fleet of scooters via our Scooter Aid pages.
BUYING A SECOND HAND MICRO SCOOTER?
Unfortunately as the premium brand in the market we are the ones that counterfeiters like to copy. Counterfeit Micro scooters can be dangerous for so many reasons:
- inferior parts means the scooter will not be as robust
- poorly made means the scooter can be dangerous
- no after care/service or warranty
When buying a second hand Micro scooter it is important to thoroughly inspect the scooter. A genuine Micro scooter will:
- have a serial number on the underside of the deck
- have a time stamp on the underside of the deck
- a Micro logo engraved on the stem or footplate of the scooter
- safety standard testing certificates on the scooter
If choosing to buy second hand it is important to check the scooter is safe to be ridden. Make sure you do the following:
- check the wheels turn freely and are free of debris
- check the handlebar stem is in tact and firmly slots into the base of the scooter
- check handlegrips are all in tact and not broken or worn
- check the underside of the scooter to ensure the steering mechanism is in tact
- check the deck isnt cracked or split
If anything does look worn or damaged you can buy a replacement part for it.
If you need any advice or are worried about a counterfeit scooter please do get in touch with us.