Why you should scoot to work POSTED ON 31/03/2014
Forget planes, trains and automobiles; scooting is the new, most fun and easiest way to get to work. The average length of a journey to work is 8.6 miles* – how much time will you save if you scoot even a part of that journey?
There are a whole host of reasons to make scooting a part of your commuting (which don’t involve writing sentences just in order to rhyme them.)
- Did you know an average person takes 20 minutes to walk a mile and only 6 minutes to scoot*.
- Scooting to and from the station to your office could cut over an hour of travelling time every week. What would you do with an extra hour each week?
- All of our adult 2 wheeled Micro scooters fold allowing you to tuck your scooter under the seat on the train or tube. See all our folding adult scooters >>
- Did you know a 1 mile scoot to work and back every day can save you nearly £200 in car running costs**
- Taking your scooter to do the sandwich run at lunchtime will not only get you to the front of the queue before everyone else but is also a fun way of getting some exercise.
- Make your scooter part of the school run and your work run. Scoot with the children to school, say goodbye at the classroom and continue on your scoot to work. Two birds. One stone (and a great scooter)
But don’t just take our word for it. Some of you are already scooting. Here’s what you’ve said…
“My scooter is easy to use and light enough to carry. Turns a 30 minute walk into a 10 minute scoot”. Jennie, Petts Wood
“The big wheels allow for a decent gliding speed, which has taken a sizeable chunk out of my commute”. George, Basingstoke
Still not convinced? Well maybe this smooth scooting operator can change your mind?
Tempted? We of course have a range of adult Micro scooters available. Prices start at £99. View all our adult scooters >>
Do you think scooting to work could work for you? Let us know in the comments below.
*based on the Department of Transport Commuting & Business Travel Report 2011
**based on the Department of Transport National Travel Survey 2010
***based on the AA Motoring Costs report 2013.